Recent Executive Action: Now What?
The Washington Post published a helpful graphic (shown below) to clarify who is and is not eligible for relief under the recent Executive Action. Hope CommUnity Center will provide more information about the process as time goes on and details become available.
In the meantime, if you believe you may be eligible, here is what you must know or do:
1. DO NOT PAY ANYONE for legal help or advice on this action. It is not necessary!
2. SAVE YOUR MONEY for the filing fees that will be paid directly to the government.
3. GATHER PROOF that:
- you have lived in the U.S. for at least 5 years.
- you were already living here on November 20, 2014.
- you are parent of a child who was EITHER born here on or before Nov. 20, 2014 OR is a permanent legal resident of the U.S.
(Thanks to the Washington Post at http://tinyurl.com/n9tsvug for the graphic.)